About: Le Partenariat du Quartier des spectacles / Quartier des Spectacles Partnership
The Quartier des Spectacles Partnership, founded in 2003, is a non-profit organization that manages, animates and illuminates public spaces in the Quartier des Spectacles, and promotes the district as a must-visit cultural destination. It hosts, produces and exhibits innovative installations involving cutting-edge lighting design, immersive environments and interactive digital spaces. The Partnership ensures the implementation of the Quartier's vision : live, learn, create and entertain eowntown. It is supported by the Ville de Montréal and the Secrétariat à la région métropolitaine of the Ministère des Affaires municipales et de l’Occupation du territoire.
The Quartier des Spectacles is Montreal’s cultural heart, boasting North America’s most concentrated and diverse group of cultural venues. The district is the year-round host to countless festivals and events, many of which include free outdoor shows and activities. The Quartier hosts innovative urban installations involving cutting-edge lighting design, immersive environments or interactive digital spaces. Year round, the Quartier presents artistic video projections on several building façades. As a showcase for new multimedia technologies, the Quartier des Spectacles positions Montreal as a global leader in the exhibition of digital content in urban settings.
The Partnership actions aim to:
- enrich and preserve the Quartier’s cultural assets, notably those related to the performing arts and performance venues;
- create a vibrant Quartier through the programming of cultural activities in addition to the existing offer;
- manage the public spaces and specialized facilities used for cultural activities;
- illuminate the Quartier des Spectacles with artistic lighting;
- promote and develop the Quartier des Spectacles as the heart of Montreal, an international tourist destination.
- Production and coproduction of interactive installation dedicated to public place
- Manage the public spaces and specialized facilities used for cultural activities